a gentle and quiet spirit

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. -1 Peter 3:3-5

Tuesday, June 13, 2006


Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.-Deuteronomy 33:12

Today I had a really good prayer, the kind where, when I was through talking, I actually felt the love of God. I felt so safe, so protected, as if God was holding me in the palm of his hands.

I love days like this, because they are fairly rare. Since the days when I was first baptized, I haven't felt "in love with" God all the time, or on a predictable basis. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I love my friends and family, but it doesn't feel like an overwhelming emotional love all the time. That is part of the daily struggle of being a Christian, to not just go through the motions of having a relationship with God, but to constantly seek a real connection in all possible ways: physical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional.

So today I felt a real connection, which made me feel like whatever happens in this world, I will be okay because God is in control. And God loves me.

A good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home